Tuesday, August 23, 2011

K V Shetty demise a personal loss for me

I am very sorry  to know the demise of my very good industry friend and source,  Shri K V Shetty, Director, IP Rings, India Pistons and other companies of Amalgamations group on August 18, 2011.  I convey my heart felt condolence to his family members and colleagues. I  sincerely pray God  for his Great Soul to rest in Peace.
As a business journalist, I have known Shri Shetty for the last 10 years. I have seen him  always sporting smile and treating people with love and affection.  He is a doyen  and father figure of auto component industry. I have  interviewed him as MD, IP Rings as well as  ACMA  national president.
He was the most active and dynamic ACMA president I have come across in my 30 years of career in business journalism. He was a highly resourceful person with a thorough knowledge of the industry. He was very articulate in communicating industry related issues to Government authorities and media. In his passing away, the Industry has lost a veteran and true friend.
During his life time, Shri Shetty has proudly seen the rapid growth of auto component industry and it was during his presidentship, exports crossed $ one Billion mark ( 2003-04). It was a significant milestone in the industry history. He has also seen the explosive growth of the industry in the south, especially Chennai emerging Detroit of South Asia.
I once again sincerely mourn his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment