Friday, April 4, 2014

My School days Experience

Hilarious incidents in my school days

The  Bear  hug I gave  to my teacher

V Balasubramanian

I would like to recount some interesting incidents in my school days. One hilarious incident, which is still fresh in my memory and makes me laugh every time I think about it, took place when I was in the primary class at the school in my village ( Vilangudi) near Kumbakonam. One day, as  the teacher was taking class, suddenly there was a commotion outside and people were talking in hush and hush tone about the entry of a stranger for lifting away children ( It is called Pillai pidippavan in Tamil). Soon, kids started running here and there in panic. 

Sitting on the front row, I ran towards my teacher and hugged him crying loudly. In the din that followed, the poor teacher could do little  to comfort the rattled children. The class room looked like a battle field and I was in no mood to give up my  “ bear hug”to my teacher. Finally, it happened to be the visit of a medical staff to administer injection to students for prevention of malaria and other viral fever. Looking at the plight of scared kids, he dropped his plan bringing a big relief to all of us.

The other funny incident took place when I was studying 8th standard at the school in Neyveli township. I have the habit of imitating like others from my childhood and fellow students used to enjoy that. I used to play the role of MGR in in the film Kudiirunda Koil and my friend, Ramanathan the role of Villain, Nambiar. I used to yell at him and we both would roll on the floor much to the amusement of class mates.

On another  day, during Lunch time, playing  the role of our class teacher cum head master, B Y Sundarajan. I was seriously adopting his body language and teaching them. Suddenly, there was a total silence. I saw, our HM watching my actions through the window. He quietly entered the class and asked me  to continue my action. I obeyed him thinking he was going to pat on my back. Instead, he gave me a big thrash and asked me to concentrate on studies.


-----------

1 comment: