Friday, February 24, 2012

ET Chennai edition completes 18 eventful years




V Balasubramanian

ET Chennai edition  entered 19th year today (Feb 24) having completed eventful years since it was launched on Feb 24, 1994. It is all due to the unistined support me as well as my dear ET got from the senior editors, team ET,  discerning readers, corporates and advertisers. I am proud to be associated with the fascinating growth journey of ET in India as well as in this important market.

Today, on sharing the joy with business leaders and friends, I have received heartful messages from them appreciating ET's growth and my passion for the work and brand, my committment and contribution to its growth. Indeed, it is heartwarming journey for ET and me.

ET was there when Tamil Nadu turned into a destination for 30 Fortune 500 companies, when gen-next took charge of family owned businesses, when the State witnessed a boom in IT and auto sectors, when it turned into a global manufacturing hub in telcom and hardware and when knitwear exports from Tirupur crossed Rs 10,000 crore.


ET was also there when the topline of several  home grown companies and groups crossed $ 1 Billion mark in the liberal era,  when TN produced several first generation entrepreneurs in the service and manufacturing sectors, when good politics by the ruling  Dravidian parties started driving good economics and when the film industry was corporatised and films became a hit at the national level.

I have no doubt on  ET continuing the success story with its flag flying high. I have a dream of ET coming out with a Tamil edition for reaching its rich content to the masses.  I am sure my dream will be realised soon. Already, the market has seen the phenomenal success of ET one page in Daily Thanthi. Long Live ET; Jai Hind.

No comments:

Post a Comment