Thursday, February 23, 2012

ET in campus Event at Sathyabama University






 

V Balasubramanian
Feb 23, 2012

As a part of my passion for organising ET in campus programme for MBA students for more than 10 years now, the freshers at Sathyabama versity in Chennai on Feb 22, 2012 had a wonderful opportunity to interact with Mr R Sethuraman,Sr VP, Finance and Corporate Affairs, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. In his hour long presentation, he enlightened students on the liberal era in India, rapid growth of auto industry and the success story of Hyundai Motor, which he said has made the largest investment of over Rs 8000 cr in TN and over 1 lakh families are depending on it. He also gave useful advice to them on preparing their resume and facing interviews. The occasion provided an opporunity for me to understand the requirement of MBA students. I felt the need for more business leaders like Sethuraman to share their knowledge with the students to help them succeed in their career. That way, I am always greateful to my dear ET and the RMD team for helping me in organising over 75 meetings with CEOs, first gen entrepreneurs and top business leaders under ET in campus in the last 11 years.

While interacting with Mr Sethuraman i was delighted to know he hails from Udaiylalur village near Kumbakonam. I have lot of friends and relatives from the village and used to visit in my childhood days. I did my UG and PG in Kumbakonam arts college by commuting in cycle and bus everyday from my village, Vilangudi.  I was also delighted to know that Mr Sethuraman did his CA under late Shri Panchabakesan, a veteran auditor from Kumbakonam and father of P Vaidyanathan, a key share holder in City Union Bank and founder of Integrated Enterprises. Shri Panchabakesan was an avid reader of ET and used to call me and meet me regarding news in ET.

---------

No comments:

Post a Comment